Face to face courses run over 5 weeks with a new body part introduced each week working up to a full body massage. We will re-cap the massage strokes covered in the previous week and take a nice, relaxed approach to learning the massage routine bearing in mind that some babies might be asleep at times! There are weighted baby massage dolls available to practise with should there be any sleepy babies!
We will discuss the best conditions to massage baby and and there will be time at the end for a chat to get to know each other.
What are the benefits of Baby Massage?
For Your Baby
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Improved/deeper sleep patterns
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage (Skin to Skin and Oxytocin!)
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
- Better recovery from postpartum depression
- Opportunity to socialise with other parents, there is an optional WhatsApp group for the duration of the course
How Much is the Course?
£85* by bank transfer for public bookable group courses, one to one and private courses vary by location and number of attendees.
What Should I Bring? A soft towel, a comforter etc. if your baby is attached to a particular favourite and to make her/him comfortable.
What if I Miss a Class? Strokes are reviewed each week and if you miss a class due to illness, holiday etc. I will catch you up and if needed spend one on one time during class going through missed strokes to make sure you feel comfortable.
What if my Baby is Asleep? Baby massage classes are baby led so if your baby is sleeping they sleep! There are practise dolls available to learn the massage strokes. It’s welcomed that if baby needs feeding, changing or a cuddle that’s what will happen to meet baby’s needs.
Where is the Class Held? Classes are currently held at Whitton Youth Zone, off Whitton High Street. If you are interested in organising a course as a group of friends, antenatal/NCT group etc. please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs, other venues including attendees’ homes can be used which will be a factor in the overall course cost.
What Age Does My Baby Need to Be? Courses are suitable from birth until crawling/mobile and to a maximum of one year old. Every baby is different though so please talk to me if you have any concerns.
Can More than One Parent Attend? Baby massage is for all parents whether that be fathers or mothers, class sizes are planned assuming one parent/adult will be attending so please get in touch to discuss if more than one parent/adult would like to attend.
What About Online Courses? I can teach online but don’t have any courses planned, please get in touch if interested!
Any Other Questions? Please drop me a line. 🙂
What are the benefits of massage?
- Reduced stress and increased relaxation which can lead to improved sleep
- Reduced pain, muscle soreness and tension which can lead to fewer headaches
- Improved circulation, energy and alertness
- Lowered heart rate and blood pressure
- Improved immune function
- Time out for you to switch off and disconnect from the world
What should I expect for my first booking?
You will complete a consultation form which we will then discuss to establish what areas you would like worked on and if there are any health conditions that need to be considered. It is important to list any medical conditions you have and/or medications you are taking so I can adapt the treatment to your specific needs. It is also important to let me know if any allergies you might have or dietary requirements so I can use the right products for you.
I’ve booked a mobile/in home massage what should I expect?
- You will need a space of around 2m x 2m for the massage table to be set-up and at least 3 medium to large towels to hand and pillows for a pregnancy massage
- You may like to put the heating on and play some music or I can provide music
- When I arrive I will ask you to complete your consultation form while I set-up and sanitise
- I will wash my hands before the treatment begins while you can undress and get ready
- If possible keep pets and children out of the room so you can relax
- 10 Minutes Set-up time is included as part of your booking so if you book a 60 Minute massage I will be in your home for 70 minutes
*Price correct as at August 2022 but is subject to change